St OlafsSt. Olaf’s Church, located at the end of Francis Street, was built by Bishop Thomas Milles in 1734. St Olaf’s Church is a building of few architectural pretensions. Both the dedication to St. Olaf, a Norwegian saint, and its location in the centre of the old Viking city, suggest that the church was originally a Viking foundation.

It was also rebuilt in the Anglo-Norman period and part of the medieval gable, still visible, is incorporates into the eighteenth century building.