The ruins of Greyfriars are all that is left of the Franciscan Friary founded in 1241. It was one of the earliest Franciscan foundations in Ireland.
Now only the nave, chancel and an aisle remain of the original complex. It has a fine triple light east window.
After the Dissolution, it was used for many years as a hospital for the people of Waterford. The site is now a National Monument.